External Property Damages
2019-01-12 by Anitha
In any property there are so many issues which happen on the outside or exteriors of the property which are mostly ignored by the property owners.
The easy way to determine whether you may have external property problems is to examine gutters, downpipes and drains for signs of deterioration.
- Vegetation growing out of gutters
- Slipped or loose slates
- Rusting or cracking cast iron down pipes and gutters
- Leaking overflow pipes
- Cracks in stonework
- Defective pointing to windows or walls
- Moss or lichen growing on the stonework
- Damp staining on stonework particularly adjacent to pipes
- Damaged or overflowing drains
- Check for defects in lead flashings round chimneys valleys and parapet walls